Feb 12, 2009

Are Ear Infections Contagious?

Okay, so I know they're not, but honestly!!! And why can't everyone get sick all at once? We've had this cold going around our house (and of course it takes a few weeks for everyone to have their turn with it). Moroni came down with an ear infection middle of last week and we ended up at the doctor for some antibiotics. Then we went to the dentist and Sam sucked his lip swollen. After a day or so it started to ooze yellow so we took him to the doctor for some antibiotics. At that point the nurses were commenting on how much they'd seen me lately - I'd also been in the last couple of weeks for my ankle (fell down the stairs) and Ruth, Sam and Moroni's well child visits (of course all separate visits). This week it continued. Rebekah woke up Monday with an earache and after a couple of days (she hasn't had a cold or anything that would have me thinking ear infection)it was getting worse so we took her in to the doctor yesterday and came home with some more antibiotics. Joseph woke up this morning with a bad earache so in we went to the doctor's office yet again! Dr Gay told him that he had a blistering ear drum and that he can expect it to continue to ache for a couple of days even with antibiotics working on it. Who's next?

4 comments:

  1. I just have to ask, is your doctor's name really Dr. Gay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't sound like fun!

    Your blog is so cute! Can I add a link to your blog on mine? travisandhilary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. By all means. I have already linked to yours. I simply love to read about everyone.

    ReplyDelete