Jan 17, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

Yeah I know. I never have time to post (or check on other posts for that matter). I'd like to be better, but really, there are other priorities that are higher right now.

Thursday was Ultra Chilly. The high for the day was -7 and they closed the schools. It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't have woken up to a broken heater! What a day for the heater to break. We would have just started the fireplace and gathered around it, but it was on the fritz too. We called the gas company out and, long story short, they fixed them both and we are much warmer. Yesterday the high was 3 and the schools were closed again. It's already warmer today at 15, but our high today is supposed to be 23! Maybe we'll go sunbathing if the snow stops?

BIG NEWS: We are expecting #9! I've told several people that now Ruth can be Seven of Nine. We debated on whether or not to share this news so early (we just found out Wednesday night)... but I'm no good at secrets.

The baby is due on Sep 20. Robert's worried that this messes up our pattern. Ben' birthday is the 21st, Moroni's is a week later on the 28th and Rachel is a week later on Oct 5th. I just told him that if the baby comes 6 days early (yeah, right!) we could still have our weekly pattern. Since 4 of our children will have a birthday within a month of each other I reflected on what was so unique about conception time. I guess it is just Robert having the time off around Christmas/New Years and it being so cold that there's nothing else to do. *wink*

We are all excited here. When we told the kids they were literally jumping up and down with excitement. They keep asking, "Have you told so-and-so?" I think they like spreading the news too.

2 comments: