Oct 26, 2008

Family Fun

This weekend has been stake conference. One of our challenges was to be grateful for something new everyday. This could be a great way to write about it!

One thing I'm grateful for is my Savior. I am grateful for the atonement, for the opportunity to overcome death and sin. I am grateful for eternal life and eternal families. I am grateful for a wonderful spouse who completes me. I am grateful for the wonderful children that have been sent to our family. I am grateful for the love that my children show me. I am so blessed!


After church today didn't start off so well. It seemed as if some of the children were just plain cantankerous and arguing with everyone. However, after some quiet time, they all gathered spontaneously at the table for a game. It was such a blessed sight to see six of them gathered together for a game and having fun with each other(Moroni and Ruth were with Robert).

Robert had been fighting with a computer virus and I dragged him in just to soak in the wonderful sight of our children all happy together. It's just one of those parent moments. We both were developing headaches and they were playing Pit (very loud confusion). We didn't want to tell them to put it away since they were having a lot of fun, so we popped some ibuprofen and joined in the craziness. Moroni, Ruth and Sam played with the potato heads while we joked around the table.

Grandpa moment: Ben at one point collected one of everything just to watch us all go crazy, but Daddy got the blame! Who'd have thunk Ben would be so devious.

We also got our first snowfall of the year. Ruth ran everywhere saying, "It's no (snow) time!" She put on her 'no boots' and insisted on walking in it. It's just a light dusting, but with the chill in the air, it's enough to give us a taste of what might lie ahead. I'm thankful for warm houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment